LUNAFEST Fairfax 2017, Presented by BB&T Insurance Services
Join Girls on the Run of NOVA for our 3rd Annual LUNAFEST - an evening of award-winning short films by, for, and about women.
6:00pm - VIP Reception + Silent Auction Open
6:30pm - Theatre Opens for VIP Seating
7:00pm - Theatre Opens for General Seating
8:30pm - Intermission + Silent Auction Last Call
9:30pm - Screening Ends
Enjoy a wonderful evening of film while raising funds to support Girls on the Run of NOVA & the Breast Cancer Fund.
Many Thanks to Our Event Sponsors:
This season's program of nine selected films will compel discussion, make you laugh, tug at your heartstrings and motivate you to make a difference in your community. Incredibly diverse in style and content, LUNAFEST is united by a common thread of exceptional storytelling - by, for and about women. Parents with children until 13 are strongly cautioned. Learn more about the films and view the trailer here.
- Another Kind of Girl - A 17-year-old girl meditates on how her refugee camp has opened up new horizons and given her a sense of courage that she lacked in Syria.
- Family Tale - Through love, loss, and determination, the definition of family is rewritten.
- Free to Laugh - A documentary that explores the power of comedy after prison.
- Join the Club - A writer's dilemma of whether or not to join a networking club unfolds during one therapy session.
- Ninera - A story that looks at the bitter irony many nannies face: raising the children of strangers for a living while their own children are virtually left to raise themselves.
- Nkosi Coiffure - After a fight with her boyfriend in the street, a woman escapes into a hair salon in Brussels.
- Partners by Joey Ally - Professional and life partners must confront how intertwined their lives have become.
- The Honeys and the Bears - Members of a synchronized swim team for seniors describe the freedom of the water.
- The Third Dad - Ten years after breaking all ties with her father, a daughter sets out to find his grave - and redemption?