Attendees: Register online and Bidding Tips
We are no longer using paper bid sheets for our silent auction items. Instead, you can bid using your smartphone simply by registering with our online bidding hosts, Gesture.
On your own smartphone, you are able to:
· Bid on silent auction items before and during the event
· Monitor bids on auction items throughout the course of the night
· Checkout and pay your bill without having to leave your seat
Smartphone bidding will allow you to:
· Receive notifications about bids on specific items you would like to bid on
· Know how many others are bidding on items you want
· Set up automatic bidding with limits and caps
· Monitor bidding on all items available
· Visibly watch the countdown for the closing of the auction on your phone
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO
Before the event, you will need to go to our event website and register as a bidder. You will only need to register your phone number, email address and a credit card for easy payment.
If you don't register before the event, then you can register that night when you arrive. Once you register, you are able to bid on anything you would like. Communications and instructions will come directly to your phone through text messages.
The silent auction will be closing at 9:30. Be aware and ready to make final bids.
Check out the number of other bidders showing on your phone for items you might like. Remember that all of them will be entering last minute bids to get what they want, just like you! Make sure your bid is high enough to get what you want.
Even if you have an automatic bid set up, remember that others may also have one set up, too. With multiple bids going in during those last few seconds, it is the highest bid that is going to win. Make sure your bid is high enough to get what you want.